2003-11-29 - incident - Kathmandu district २०६०-०८-१३ - घटना - काठमाडौं जिल्ला
Archive ref no: NCA-11005
Alleged incident overview | घटेको भनिएको घटनाको समीक्षा
Information regarding alleged incident | घटेको भनिएको घटनासम्बन्धी जानकारी
- Alleged Dates of Arrest29 November 2003
- OHCHR received multiple and consistent testimony regarding the torture of those who subsequently disappeared. For instance, three former detainees have provided testimony about the torture of Budi Lama Tamang, who was arrested by the Bhairabnath battalion together with Kaushalya Pokharel from Dukuchhap VDC, Lalitpur District, on 29 November 2003.
- The first witness stated:
- "Budi Lama was so badly tortured that he could not even lie down on a hay-filled carpet that they gave him in the Hall. I gave him my carpet and I helped him once to remove his shirt. It was stuck to his back with blood and pus. I remember his fingernails were infected from pins being forced underneath. It was about Mangsir 2060 [November – December 2003]. I never saw him again after Poush 2060 [December 2003 – January 2004]"
- "I remember Budi slept near me at one point. He arrived in the Hall in Mangsir 2060. He was tortured a lot. When he came back to the Hall sometimes, I remember his whole body would be shaking. He could not speak without his voice quivering. He was bleeding on different parts of his body. One time I remember there was a saline bag hanging near him, with a tube in his arm."
- "I remember one time someone was screaming in the tents nearby. I was in the Garage. When someone was being tortured, the other detainees would whisper to each other, trying to identify the person. I remember that people whispered his name: Budi Lama. I remember his screams."