Archive ref no: NCA-18621
Theoretical Premises for the Historic Initiation of the People’s War
(Excerpts from the document "Plan for the Historic Initiation of the People’s War" adopted by the Central Committee of the Party in September 1995.)
- This plan of ours would be based on the lessons of Marxism-Leninism-Maoism regarding revolutionary violence. On the occasion of formulation of the plan for initiation of the process that will unfold as protracted People’s War based on the strategy of encircling the city from the countryside according to the specificities of our country, the Party once again reiterates its eternal commitment to the theory of People’s War developed by Mao as the universal and invincible Marxist theory of war.
- This plan of initiation of the people’s war would be based on the principle that everything is an illusion except state power. While remaining firm on the principal aim of the armed struggle as to capture political power for the people, the Party expresses its firm commitment to wage relentless struggle against all forms of deviationist thoughts and trends including economism, reformism and anarchism.
- This plan would be based on the aim of completing the new democratic revolution after the destruction of feudalism and imperialism, then immediately moving towards socialism, and, by way of cultural revolutions based on the theory of continuous revolution under the dictatorship of the proletariat, marching to communism - the golden future of the whole humanity. We are firm that it is a crime against the proletariat and the general masses of the people to start an armed struggle without the firm conviction of carrying it out to the end. We shall never allow this struggle to become a mere instrument for introducing partial reforms in the condition of the people, or terminating in a simple compromise by exerting pressure on the reactionary classes. Thus, our armed struggle will be totally free of all sorts of petty bourgeois, narrow nationalist, religion-communal and casteist illusions.
- This plan of ours would be based on the great spirit of proletarian internationalism. The Nepalese revolution is an integral part of the world proletarian revolution and this will serve the world revolution. In this context our Party takes it as a serious responsibility to contribute towards the further development of Revolutionary Internationalist Movement (RIM) (of which our Party is a participating member), which is marching forward to advance world revolution under the guidance of Marxism-Leninism-Maoism and to create a New International.
- This plan would be based on the theoretical premises of building a revolutionary united front and a revolutionary army under the leadership of the Party of the proletariat in the phase of the new democratic revolution. The Party is firmly committed to establish the leadership of the Party in every sphere by maintaining its vitality by way of conducting inner - party struggle in a dialectical manner according to the principle of universality of contradictions, to serve the people wholeheartedly, to maintain close relations with the people and to adhere to the principle of mass line.
- This plan would be formulated basing on the principle of the right of self-determination of the Party of the proletariat. Armed struggle will be carried out by uniting all strata and categories of anti-feudal and anti- imperialist masses of the people under the leadership of the Party. Our armed struggle will be conducted by taking agrarian revolution as the axis and by relying on the labouring masses, particularly the poor peasants, and the Party will never and under no circumstances succumb to the pressures, threats and enticements of the internal and external reactionary forces.
- The war will develop according to its own laws, not in a straight line but in a complex zigzag path. It is necessary to acknowledge the importance of Lenin’s saying that the revolution always creates in its course of development an unusual and complex situation. The People’s War will triumph after going through cycles of victory and defeat and gain and loss. We shall be able to lead the People’s War only by correctly grasping the law of contradiction of transformation of wrong into right.