1999-04-14 - incident - Tanahun district २०५६-०१-०१ - घटना - तनहुँ जिल्ला
Archive ref no: NCA-00980
Alleged incident overview | घटेको भनिएको घटनाको समीक्षा
Information regarding alleged incident | घटेको भनिएको घटनासम्बन्धी जानकारी
- At around 11 a.m. on April 14, 1999 (Baishak 1, 2056), a patrol of the police commander post surrounded a house in Ramgha, Chundhi, Tanahu and arrested thirty-one-year-old Shree Ram Ghimire, a messenger for the CPN-M, along with nineteen-year-old Malati Lamsal and twenty-three-year-old Narayan Pandit. One other person managed to escape, and informed the families of the arrest. The arrest was also reported in the local Maoist newspapers, Janadesh and Janauthan.
- Local villagers saw the patrol taking the men to a temporary police camp in Bhanu VDC, but when the families went there, the police denied having the arrestees.
- Members of Ghimire's family inquired at the CDO and with the district superintendent of the police, but have not received any information. The Supreme Court dismissed their habeas corpus petition, saying they would have "to search themselves," because the court "cannot do it."
- The family heard that Ghimire had been seen at Bhansar police post in Tanahu district, Bharatpur police post, and Pokhara police post, but was unable to confirm the information.
- According to Ghimire's relatives, they searched for the "disappeared" together with the families of Lamsal and Pandit, and the whereabouts of these two people also remain unknown.47